Eventful day...

I've gotta say, yesterday was more exciting than like the rest of my summer put together...not completely a good thing. There's good news and bad news.

Good news first: I finished my birthday present for Sarita, and it's ADORABLE! Seriously, I don't want to give it away...okay, yeah I do, because I know she's going to love it. So I'll just have to make something just like it for me! I've moved on now to a cat that I told my mom I would make for her. It's from Knitty, the knitting web-zine, from I think a few years ago. The link to the pattern is here.

Bad news: My mom cut her hand really bad on a piece of glass. It was really scary, actually, there was a LOT of blood. She had been putting dishes away when a glass broke, making a really sharp edge that went right into her finger. I thought we were going to have to go to the emergency room or something, but once we got the bleeding stopped enough to look at the cut, it wasn't big enough to warrant stitches, just deep. So I just called my dad, who came home from work and I went to Walgreens to get some of those bandages that they always have in movies when someone gets beaten up. Y'know, the little white, thin ones. Apparently they're made to hold the skin together on bad cuts. So, more good news: she's fine now. No lasting damage. Joel (my cousin) was actually over at my house for the whole thing. He spent the night at our house the night before last.

I also watched the movie Persepolis yesterday. It's based on a graphic novel that we read for school in the 9th grade. It was pretty good. Actually it was a lot better than I expected, and even Owen, my brother who didn't want to watch the movie in the first place, liked it. It had a lot of funny moments, even for all the sad ones. So I'd definitely recommend it.

Alright, that's all I have for now. Adios!

2 comments:

Staci said...

I'm glad your mom is okay!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Sarita's present!!! I'm intrigued as to what it is...The cat your knitting for your mom is adorable!
Oh goodness. I'm glad your mom is okay and that a hospital was not required!
Also glad that you recommend Persepolis; I've been meaning to see it.